27 March, 2011

Limitless

Just now finished watching Limitless; throwing out some of my frustration.
I really wasn't pleased how they handled all the *suddenly a genius* thing. The guy gets smart, gets his brain working, has access to limitless concentration and every little piece of memory stuck in his subconsciousness. He can think clearly, straight and organized. And what does he do? Goes around shopping, having fun at parties, kissing, fucking and kissing some more...and then being flashy in everything he does. I mean seriously, if it were me my first thoughts would have been "my supplies are limited and I don't know the hell is in there, I need to ensure it's not going to kill me and then guarantee that I will never run out of it" after which I would proceed to build up my power and influence as stealthy as possible and become the force ruling the world from the shadows. A president? That's like coloring yourself in red before running out on battlefield.
Well, the movie itself wasn't all THAT bad, but I wouldn't go around recommending it to people. Even though the ending was kind of a surprise to me, I was awaiting something more dramatic with some morale in it, but oh well, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to criticize.