04 March, 2011

I have come to conclusion, that I should start moving forward what concerns my pronunciation and speech. Playing MMORPG and pushing myself to use mic did help me immensely as I`m using English now much more relaxed. However the problem of pronouncing certain words incorrectly still persists, I have heard people commenting that I constantly use funny pronunciations when talking. It probably stems in that I have known English in written form for several years before I actually started talking in it (usually it's the other way around for today's youth who learn English from songs). In any case, I`m not really sure how to go about it yet without a tutor. Hopefully I will manage to find some audio recordings + transcriptions of some more difficult words in English that I could then repeat 160 times aloud till it burns into my subconsciousness... I might learn to tell the difference between then vowel sounds that I`m pronouncing as well while I`m at it.

...every time my parents call (mother just called) makes me wonder if there is actually any point in trying so hard because their financial situation doesn't look that good.....knew I shouldn't put all my trust in them helping me out just because they were so sure. Now I don't even have a safety net to fall in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to criticize.