17 May, 2011

Few weeks ago I attempted to visit a guest lecture in our college. It was something about writing research paper or smth. Anyway, it turned out to be a complete, disastrous waste of time. Well, I blamed my college for not filtering out people who are and who aren't able to give proper presentations and lectures to the auditorium of students and moved on.
Today I was trying to go for another one. This time in a different college...university in fact. The topic was "Creativity vs Precision" or something similar. Anyhow, I forgot to take my umbrella with me and arrived in the University completely soaked. Found the auditorium and peeked into it - it was one third in the size of our college-how I call them-classroom (because there are no auditoriums that small). After waiting for about 20 minutes till it was almost the time for it to start, I saw completely no people waiting for the lecture around, the "auditorium" was still locked and I was still pouring from the skies. Ultimately I was overcome with the feelings of defeat, stupidity and self-pity and quite simply went back out into to the rain to head home.
2 words: never again


Maybe I should have given up on it already this morning, when some jackass purposely drew a car into a puddle and got me soaked from head to toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to criticize.