15 February, 2011

Going over to susan's house

First I think it's important to note, that our course has been given an assignment to keep a journal of our activities. Purely to practice our use of English language even at home. Personally I don't think that I have it necessary since, being a non-lifer, I most of my time is consumed by the internet and I`m mainly communicating only in English there. But nonetheless an assignment is an assignment and from now on I will try to spam my blog a bit more often.


Now to the important stuff.

Reading through "Modern German Grammar" on my free time I have come to conclusion that I have forgotten the damn language way more than I could have imagined, but at least it's coming back to me fast. I only wish I had more willpower to keep reading that stuff.

The new study semester doesn't seem to have started very optimistically. The main issue are our two grammar courses, both of which, as it seems, have the same program but different lecturers just slightly different names. Frigging ridiculous, but have no other choice than to bear with it and do the usual - the best that I am able to.
Related: download Longman Advanced Learner's Grammar here and Cambridge Advanced Grammar in Use here...

Also, just finished up a home assignment for lexicology (no idea why I uploaded it) and grammar, currently taking a break but still have some stuff to do planned since aside from doing my home-work I need to refresh my memory on some stuff (like passive and infinity in grammar), study a bit ahead (gerunds in grammar) and maybe find some additional literature for phonetics. Doubtfully Hopefully I will manage to do all that by today too.

Update: the Advanced Grammar in Use torrent seems to be semi-dead but while searching for other sources I found this torrent . Quite useful too, just have to yet go through the whole damn list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to criticize.