19 February, 2013

Why kids are rotten

I have to log in to get access to the source page of
this picture, so instead have a link to this
I never thought about it, but it just hit me while watching Shigofumi.
The thing with today's youth is that they are too apathetic, they lack any sense of empathy, responsibility, ethics, tolerance etc. etc. etc. They are apathetic and the only think holding them from going apeshit anarchic is fear of authority. And you just know it's not going to last. So where is the root cause? Is it their parents fault or the society as a whole? Well - partly both.
Parents, trying their best to give their kids proper childhood, are always trying to shield them from anything bad. And society as a whole accepts it and encourages it. And the problem lies at how good both of them are at it.
I consider myself a good person. My morals may not be the ones of a shining white knight, but at least I always try my best to remain a good person. Whenever I tried to remember what exactly formed me as such, I remember the TV-shows I watched as a kid about angels and generally people being every-day heroes and such. I thought that it was maybe the good deeds they did, like most parents would think, but essentially it's completely wrong. What really affected me, was the tragedy. The tragedies I saw formed in an imaginary world, imaginary people struggling with their life, imaginary families being destroyed, imagining myself in their place, imagining the pain they I would feel in their place. I do not wish to feel so much pain, to live in a world full of such tragedies or even to be reminded daily that the pain could be real. And that's what the youth today lacks.
Youth today is given just heroes that will save them from any small distress, they are given a bright and shiny world of cool stuff, they are given hope and dreams of future close to utopia, they are given the source of security, that nobody will hurt them and that the whole world is there to protect them. I`m not saying it's bad, if great, it's fantastic, in fact, that we can reach such results just a half century away from the World War 2. But they never get the chance or the time, or the need to discover what a tragedy feels like and that's why they never develop necessary emotional responses to protect the world from tragedies.


More related anime:

Jigoku Shoujo

There is much more from the anime world I would recommend regarding this topic, but I don't want this list to last forever, so I just added whatever caught my eye first.

And as I`m bad at recounting the tv-shows I watched, I will put down just one, severely underrated one, I really enjoyed as a child: Touched by an Angel (yes, atheists can watch it, it's less about god and more about human relationships)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to criticize.