02 January, 2013

You and me - we are the same electron

So, there I was, typical Wednesday morning of me not sleeping, having breakfast and watching youtube video . I have watched some quantum physics stuff, I have heard that quantum particles can be in several places at once, that they are not bound by time etc. etc. For now mostly I brush off to that we probably just don't understand something yet,
Sauce
I mean, it can't be completely right like that... And then comes the part about John Wheeler up and it's just thrown at me that the whole damn universe, me, you, every beautiful and every disgusting thing in the world, consists of the same one electron. And that's when my mind blew. Thankfully, not for long, but it's still an extremely interesting and yet unpopular idea.
Everyone and everything might just turn out to be one and the same thing, but boiled down, it's even less impressive or meaningful than we like to imagine that idea.

Another YouTube thing, that has been torturing me for some time, came in this silly video about pyramids. I will have to be vague about this, as it was the mathematics and formulas in it. The thing is, there is something missing and something is just not alright with the wild theories they are spewing out the, but I can't crosscheck or even try to understand, what it could be, as I`m bad at maths. And that leaves me to only two decisions: believe them unconditionally or dismiss it as bullocks based on my gut feelings. And I`m even worse with those two options, than I`m with maths. Hopefully I will forget about it soon enough.


I believe now, that there is one important thing wrong with mass media education and nobody really realizes it. By pursuing the attention of viewers, the mass media are always trying to show them the most fascinating things and they extremely often do that not by explaining things, but by raising questions. Unfortunately, most of these questions are such that probably no one in this life time will be able to answer them. So eventually, if someone does get positively influenced by these educational programs, they haven't got the slimmest idea on how to solve problem, how to give answers to anything or how to explain what the fuck is going on in the world. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as the college is there to teach that to them, if they have the interest, however, the interest is the problem. It's in human nature to lose all the interest once they discover that nothing is going according to have they have planned.
Though I may be wrong about all that and it's just my frustration, that comes from so rarely finding new information in YouTube videos. They are like goddamn fiction books - every smallest thought and information worth reading is piled under heaps of unnecessary fillers and words that, the author thinks, look beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to criticize.